This recipe falls squarely in the category of something that was good, but maybe not worth the effort. You can read the recipe here.
Now, the basic reason I say it wasn’t worth the effort is the dough. The dough just didn’t work for me. It took longer to knead than “a few quick kneads” and was generally hard to roll out. Before and after the fridge. Now, if I tried a different dough, say, the normal pie crust we use, it would have worked a lot better. I think.
Either way, I had to roll the dough several times as I never got a nice clean rectangle and trimmed the edges off. I did manage to get eight pies which is what the recipe called for but I had a lot of leftover blueberries. Maybe I didn’t put as much in as I should have or maybe some of my pies are smaller (that’s actually true) but it was hard to put a lot in. As you can see from the picture I had issues with the filling leaking out. And that was before and during baking.
Bottom line, these tasted good. The crust wasn’t bad tasting just hard to work with. If you can find a way to make this work, go for it.