This was the third, and final, recipe I had saved in an effort to use up the zucchini we had in the freezer. That was an effort thinking we would get more this year. Sadly, that hasn’t been the case. But enough about that. You can read the recipe here.
From a taste perspective, this turned out very well. There was much more of a chocolate flavor than a zuchinni flavor but you could see the zucchini in the bread. The downside was that it didn’t bake completely. Even after testing it several times and keeping it in the oven for about 10 minutes longer than it called for (it said 55-60; I did about 65), there was still a part in the top, middle that wasn’t done. And I probably should have known that it still wasn’t done (or tested it more) but I didn’t. Which was a problem in and of itself that was compounded by the fact that it stuck a little bit to the bottom of the pan. Which meant that not only did part of the bottom (in the middle of course) come apart, the whole thing kind of disintegrated. You can see that in the picture.
Other than my just not paying enough attention, I don’t know if there was another issue. The bread pan I used was stoneware (not metal). Maybe using that requires an increa in the time to bake. I’d have to test that ou with some of the other pans I have that are not stoneware. The only other item was that I dumped all the zuchinni and liquid from the bag in the bowl. This resulted, in my opinion, to a very wet mixture but I knew that the liquid would have been in the zuchinni to start with so not including it may have created a different problem.
In the end, if I would have left it bake a little longer I would have finished baking. It still would have stuck to the bottom but all of it would have been edible.
I highly recommend making this, just don’t make my mistakes.