I can’t quite remember what I was doing when I first came across this recipe online. Probably one of my internet recipe binges. And of course, I had to make it. Now it did take me awhile to get around to making it (as do most things). Part of it I think was the complication factor as there were a lot of components to the recipe and several things I had to make sure I bought. Like potato starch. In fact I had never heard of it until this recipe and had to figure out where to get it. And now that I do have it, and only used a small portion of it, I need to figure out what to with the rest of it. But that’s a problem for a different day.
Even though this was complicated from the standpoint of lots of different components, it really wasn’t that hard to put together. It’s much like other recipes. Cream the butter and sugars, add some other stuff. Mix the dry stuff and add it in. So not that hard.
I did scroll down and read some of the comments and one of the comments said that there were other similar recipes that cut the sugar way down. So I decided to start with the smaller amount (you can always add). I think it needs the full amount. It really didn’t seem like the smaller amount would work. So I added in the rest of it and went from there.
This recipe said that it made 12 cupcakes but I had enough for 6 extra. Sadly I ran out of paper liners and those 6 were just made in the pan. They turned out a bit different. (Smaller and harder) bit that’s fine. I did have some trouble with the others, mainly that they stuck to the rims and I had to cut them out. I tried really hard to not overfill the cups but I guess some did. Which is interesting because if I had filled them less full, I’d have even more leftover.
But anyway, they turned out great. Despite my lack of decorating skills I think they even look ok. Despite some comments made that they don’t sound very good, they actually taste really good. Probably worth another effort at some point.